Upwork was formed with the merge of two thriving global communities, Elance and oDesk. They offer a platform where businesses and freelancers, who are thousands of miles apart, can work together seamlessly. Upwork has opportunities for all kinds of proffesionals to earn a Better Wage;
- Web, Mobile & Software Dev jobs
- IT & Networking jobs
- Data Science & Analytics jobs
- Engineering & Architecture jobs
- Design & Creative jobs
- Writing jobs
- Translation jobs
- Legal jobs
- Admin Support jobs
- Customer Service jobs
- Sales & Marketing jobs
- Accounting & Consulting jobs
- View all job categories
With access to worldwide job opportunities, Bettering Your Wage is no longer limited by the rates within your local market—you can earn as much as your skills are worth to a global clientele.
- A computer, Internet connection
- Create a freelancer profile to showcase your:
- Professional skills, experience, and portfolio
- Education and accomplishments
- Upwork skills test results
The best profiles are complete, well-written, error-free, and feature a professional, friendly looking picture.
On Upwork, freelancers set and negotiate their own rates. It's free to join Upwork. Once you begin doing freelance work with a client on their platform, they deduct a 10% fee from each payment. So, be sure to price your services accordingly. Upwork also offers premium membership plans for an additional cost.
From June 2016 the below fee structure will apply: Freelancers will be charged a sliding fee based on their lifetime billings with each client (across all contracts they've ever had with that client). Service fees are the same whether the contracts are hourly or fixed-price.
- 20% for the first $500 billed to a client across all contracts with them
- 10% for total billings with a client between $500.01 and $10,000
- 5% for total billings with a client that exceed $10,000
Example: On a $600 project with a new client, a freelancer’s service fee would be 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100 for earnings after fees of $490.