Lyft is a service that matches up local drivers and passengers through the use of their app.
The drivers transport the passengers and get paid and tipped through the app. Drivers also have flexible hours.
You can Better your Wage by drving for Lyft in your car
- You must be at least 21 and own an iPhone or Android phone.
- As part of their approval process, you’ll undergo a DMV check, plus a national and county background check. This will require a Social Security number, in addition to an in-state driver’s license that is at least a year old.
- Your car needs to have four external door handles and at least five total seat belts.
- You must be a covered party on your car’s in-state insurance, and have in-state license plates. Lyft will confirm all of this during your 19-point vehicle inspection.
- Cars have Lyft age requirements too, which can vary by state.
Drivers get 80% of ride fees from passengers plus tips.
Ride fees are higher during peak hours. Drivers can make up to 35$ /hour.