Go Au Pair is an online agency that provides families affordable child care solutions through various Au Pair programs. Au Pair child care is a cultural exchange program with a child care component.
As an Au Pair, you will become part of the family as a sibling, role model, best friend, co-parent, and valuable member of the family for a minimum of 1 year with the option to extend for up to 2 years.
Earn a Better Wage as an Au Pair and experience a new lifestyle.
The more experience you have as an au pair or babysitter the more likely you will be chosen by a family. If you want to be an Au Pair in the United States (and you live somewhere else),you must complete an application with an agency in your home country.
Your duties as an Au Pair relate to taking care of the children. These responsibilities may include cleaning up after the children, preparing meals, doing the children's laundry and other child care related items.
Au Pair selection is regulated by the U.S. Department of State and includes at minimum:
- The Au Pair is between the ages of 18 and 26
- Secondary school graduate, or equivalent
- Proficient in spoken English
- Capable of fully participating as evidenced by satisfactory completion of a physical exam
- Personally interviewed, in English, by organizational representative
- Successfully passed a background investigation which includes verification of school, three non-family personal and employment references, criminal background check and successfully pass a psychometric test
Go Au Pair screens and selects potential Au Pairs through the following:
- Au Pair profile
- Photo copies of official documents such as passport, school diploma, driver’s license, certificates, etc.
- Au Pair agreement
The calculation for the your Au Pair stipend is as follows:
(Federal Minimum Wage) x (Number Hours worked per week) – (40% credit for room and board) = (Au Pair stipend)