Amazon is a huge online retail marketplace and has become a household name.
Amazon Associates is a free advertising program designed to help website owners Better their Wage. Members send visitors from their website to Amazon websites using links, widgets, and banners provided by Amazon. When these visitors purchase products after clicking on these links, widgets and banners, associates earn advertising fees. It is easy and free to join.
You don't have to have your own website to benefit from the Amazon Associates program. You can post a quick update to Facebook or Twitter with a link to the Amazon page you are viewing by using their Site Stripe toolbar.
- Identify products that match your site content. Narrow your picks by searching on Amazon.com for specific products, keywords, and categories that match the topic of your Web site. Make sure that the products promoted match your niche. For example, don't promote power tools on your cooking site; rather advertise ingredients to recipes or unique kitchen appliances. Relevancy is hugely important and making advertising will also not irritate visitors to your site. The power of using Amazon Associates program hinge on being able to cater product advertising to a certain audience. If the audience is very broad and there is no niche, a program like Google Adwords becomes a greater consideration as an alternative. A potential strategy to Better your Wage could be to set up a niche site, simply built around providing strong content to promoting Amazon products relevant to that niche.
- Review your Orders Reports to find out what products customers purchase after visiting your site--you may wish to promote some of these products (or similar products) directly.
- Discover additional products to feature using Amazon's similarities service. On the detail page of a product you've already identified as appropriate for your site
- Text links within content are often most effective - but be subtle as you will lose all credibility if you look like you are pushing products too hard within your articles or blogs. Trust is important, focus on good content to build trust and sales will come once trust is formed. Note that:
- Reviewing the products being advertised could lead to higher conversions - however you need to ensure that the reviews are of high quality for your recommendations to have any influence.
- Setting up best seller or comparison lists also often results in positive sales affiliate income.
- Traffic is important but not all visitors are equally valuable - as mentioned above, it is important that you match products with your typical profile of visitors.
- Try promoting a range of differently priced products - more expensive products allow you to earn more advertising commission per product sold. However, promoting cheaper products will allow you to sell higher volumes and move up the Volume-based fee structure for general products so that you will earn a higher percentage per product sold.
- Timing is important - take advantage of holiday time, Amazon typically runs seasonal sales which makes higher conversion percentages more likely. Also tailor your products to the specific days or events. For example, different types of products should be promoted around Mother's Day, Father's Day and Valentine's Day.
- Don't be afraid to test it out - when deciding on the best advertising strategy for your website, the best option is often to test two or three to see which earns you the greatest revenue. Once the answer becomes clear, stick with that program and optimise your strategy within it.
- Ask yourself "Does Amazon Associates fit with the type of visitors coming to my website?" Are they just looking for general information? If this is so Adsense will probably be a better option. Or are they looking to buy something, where Amazon may be the perfect place to do so.
- Internet Access required
- Most effective if you have a website
- Available Globally
Advertising fees are calculated as a percentage of the purchase price. This percentage differs according to the type of product purchased currently between 1%-10%. For general product there is a tiered scale where the more products you sell per a month the higher the advertising percentage per general product (this excludes products specified on their website that have fixed unique advertising percentages ).