Technology can be used to assist with almost every element of making money. “Tech” has really taken over our lives. It is impossible to provide an in depth analysis of how to make money using tech in such a short blog. So consider this to be just a nice taste and we will build on this in coming weeks. So let’s get into it:
Code, program and develop
According to a 2015 Payoneer Freelancer Survey, professionals in IT & programming have the highest level of income satisfaction of all freelancers. If you want to join this happy bunch, you can use online platforms like Freelancer.com, Fiverr, Upwork or Getacoder. These sites allow you to connect with potential customers from all over the globe from the comfort of your own home.
Turn WWW into $$$
So how do make money through the internet? Essentially the most popular methods of making money on the internet, and the companies that have done it best are:
- Advertising - Facebook
- Subscription - Netflix
- Lead generation & affiliation - Google Adsense
- Freemium - Linkedin
- Royalties - Apple iTunes
- Selling data - Tumblr
The most easily replicable methods are advertising and affiliate programs. You need no more than a semi-popular blog.
Sell digital stuff
- Binpress provides a platform for developers to build sustainable businesses from releasing their code. You can sell other digital products online too. Digital products include code libraries, software, games, design assets and more.
- With Flippa, you are able to sell web businesses, domain names and mobile apps. Flippa claims that over $5m worth of businesses are sold each month.
- GoDaddy is the world's largest domain name registrar. If you have domain name that you are not utilizing, consider selling it though GoDaddy or one of their competitors like Sedo. You can either specify a fixed price or try your luck by putting your domain up for auction. A fair amount of luck is involved with selling a domain. A good example of this is when Facebook purchased fb.com in 2010 at a price of $ 8.5 million from American Farm Bureau Federation. There must have been a big party on a farm somewhere that night.
- Through the Sellfy platform you are able to sell digital downloads such as eBooks, videos, music, comics, design and more.
- You can sell ready made apps and games for iOS and Android with Chupamobile. Chupamobile claim that top sellers in their marketplace make between $5,000 and $20,000 per month selling their Game and App Templates.
Through online platforms like Usertesting, uTest, Analysia and Software Judge you are able to test websites and mobile apps. You give feedback about areas of the website that might need improvement to improve the user experience.
Write about tech
Do you love to write?
Udemy is an online learning platform. You can produce a video course and earn a passive income each time someone purchases your course. Technology based courses are extremely popular on Udemy. For example Rob Percival, who transitioned from a mathematics teaching career, has courses that have exceeded $2.8 million in total earnings. Percival published his first course, “The Complete Web Developer Course – Build 14 Websites". This paved the road for his success.
Make money from selling used hardware
o Gazelle for smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops.
o Decluttr to sell CDs, DVDs and Games
Tech yourself before you wreck yourself. Go out there and make some money.