Doing online surveys and reviews are the most popular ways to make a bit extra money online. It makes a lot of sense; companies effectively pay for your information and opinion. This is something everyone is able to give. It is a cheap, quick and easy way for companies to do market research.
There are many companies and platforms facilitating paid for surveys. But, they are not all legitimate. There are many survey scams out there.
Never pay to take part in a survey or get information about future surveys.
- Do not respond to spam or online ads.
- Be wary of any survey schemes promising to make you rich. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
- Never transfer part of your payment to someone else on receipt of a check. The check will typically be fake.
- Avoid giving away income information or educational details unless you want to land up on a spamming list. You will also expose yourself to identity theft.
- Testimonials, even with pictures do not add any legitimacy
- Avoid one-page sign up forms.
- Just because it says it is not a scam, does not mean it is not a scam.
BetterWage has vetted all survey and review sites on the platform. Surveys will by no means make you rich but they require little effort. Let's look at just a handful of legit options for you to start earning:
- MySurvey and SurveyClub are online survey and review aggregators. You can take part in online surveys, private panels, focus groups, clinical trials, in-home usage tests, online bulletin boards, diaries, taste tests, mystery shopping studies and more.
- NPolls is an app that allows you to make money by completing paid surveys. With this app you can create and answer polls. The polls usually consist of 5-15 questions/poll.
- ProOpinion allows participants to earn rewards and cash through paid surveys online.
- 20|20 Panel is an online research company in the US that pays you for testing products, surveys and opinions. Once they have your information they will contact you about upcoming research studies. You will be asked some survey questions to help determine if a study is a right fit for your profile. You usually will get paid $50 to $150 per research study.
- BestMark is a mystery shopping and market research company. It partners with clients in an array of industries to provide feedback about their customer experience. BestMark offers 10,000-plus mystery shop assignments each month across more than a dozen industries.
- Usertesting, Analysia and many others like them pay you to give feedback about the usability of apps and websites.
If your mom told you "If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all" then ignore her. Give your opinion whether it is good or bad. Take part in online surveys and reviews.